I got the idea for this card from an awesome website, Chic' n Scratch. She has awesome ideas and really great directions and video tutorials! Here is the video for this envelope card.
Fancy Fold CardI found this what I am calling a "fancy fold" card somewhere out there on the web but I just can not remember where- sorry. The one I saw was decorated differently, opened from the other side and did not have ribbon, so I did add a little "h.annabelle" touch to it :)
Here are the basic directions and dimensions:
1. Start with a white piece of cardstock (4 1/4" x 8 1/2"). Score at 5 1/2".
2. Lay approx 24" of ribbon approx 1 1/2" of the left of score line and tape the middle down. Cut a (4" x 5 1/4") piece of DSP and adhere on the white cardstock over the ribbon. Cut a (4" x 2 1/2") piece of DSP and adhere on flap.
3. Cut a (2 3/4" x 8 1/2") piece of baja breeze cardstock and score at 4 1/4". Adhere the right side on the "inside" of card. Fold the right large flap down, then the small blue flap.
4. Cut a (2 1/2" x 4") piece of white cardstock, emboss and adhere on the blue flap.
5. Stamp and embellish as desired.
Materials (All Stampin' Up!):
- Whisper white & Baja breeze cardstock
- Certainly Celery ribbon
- Greenhouse Gala DSP
- A Word For You Stamp Set
- Elements of Style Stamp Set
- Love you Much Stamp Set
- Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder
- Heart to Heart ex-lg punch
- Basic Pearls